In an effort to improve deep carbon science content on Wikipedia, the DCO Engagement Team is offering $500 honoraria to scientists from the DCO Science Network who contribute substantially to the platform by 30 November 2019. We are doing so because Wikipedia is the fifth most visited website in the world, and often the first point of entry for learning. This offers a tremendous opportunity to ensure that DCO’s findings are accurately covered on Wikipedia.
How to take part in the DCO Wikipedia Challenge
- You must be a member of the DCO Science Network
- You must be registered on the DCO Wikipedia Dashboard
- There are several ways to win a prize
- Add 500 words to one or more articles.
- Add 20 references to one or more articles. Here are some guidelines as to the types of references Wikipedia accepts.
- Add 5 images to one or more articles
Cash prizes will be limited to the first five contributors to reach one or more of these benchmarks. So, get writing, share your knowledge, and be rewarded for your efforts!
DCO Wikipedia Visiting Scholar Andrew Newell will help review final user statistics and has offered to assist anyone who needs guidance on how to contribute to Wikipedia. Winners will be notified by 13 December 2019. If you have any questions about the competition or need help getting started, please contact the DCO Engagement Team.